For those of you that haven't heard, I'm beginning the long journey of becoming a small business owner. My dream is to have a craft store - one that can supply other artists to fuel their dreams and creativity, as well as display my own work. I'll offer much more than just supplies - there will be discount events for kids, as well as beginner workshops - I'm even going to take classes on photography and offer to capture events and build scrapbooks for those who don't have the time. Such a dream had me wondering though - is Tooele really the place to start?
Despite the large county size, Tooele (the town) is actually rather small. The couple of blocks that make up "downtown" house a handful of small businesses that honestly impress me. One of my favorites is Sweet Lizzie's. A great review can be found here : http://welcometomychaos.com/2010/09/sweet-lizzies-candy-shop/ .
I can easily see my own quirky style fitting in among these outstanding places. When it comes to starting up a small business, what better place could there be but a small town? While we have a major craft store available (Joann's http://www.joann.com/ ), it's awfully mainstream. When you're looking for a homey touch, and a friend to offer tips and tricks, I'll be feeling secure in what my business will offer. Be sure to keep tabs on my blog, and I'll give you all a heads up as my ideas progress into actions! Step one : college. The adventure has begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment